|Building Usage||Bus Wash Building|
|Architect/Project||Midbrook Design Team|
Wilfreda Beehive, a prominent player in the transport sector, required a new steel frame building to serve as a bus wash facility in Doncaster. To fulfil their requirements, Wilfreda Beehive contacted Midbrook Steel Buildings. This case study outlines the successful execution of the project by our team at Midbrook Steel Buildings, including site survey, planning application, foundation construction and steelwork installation.
Wilfreda Beehive, operating in the transport industry, needed a dedicated bus wash building in Doncaster to support their fleet maintenance operations. The project required a reliable and efficient steel framed building supplier to design and erect a steel frame building that met their specifications. Here at Midbrook Steel Buildings, we are known for our expertise in steel structures and construction, therefore we were delighted to have been chosen for the steel building project.
Site Survey and Planning Application
We initiated the project by conducting a comprehensive site survey of the designated location in Doncaster. This survey provided crucial insights into the site’s conditions, enabling us to design an optimal structure and plan the construction process accordingly.
Subsequently, the Midbrook team took responsibility for submitting a planning application on behalf of Wilfreda Beehive. Recognising the importance of compliance with local regulations, Midbrook ensured that all necessary documents, including a flood risk assessment, were prepared and submitted as part of the application process.
With the planning application approved, Midbrook Steel Buildings proceeded to construct pad foundations and a concrete slab for the control room lean-to structure. The team leveraged their foundation design and construction expertise to provide a solid building base, ensuring its long-term stability and functionality.
Once the foundation was completed, Midbrook’s skilled steel erection team took charge of supplying and fitting the steelwork components. With meticulous attention to detail and adherence to industry standards, we ensured the precise installation of the steel frame. Additionally, they expertly applied single skin cladding to enhance the building’s weather resistance and aesthetic appeal.
Results and Benefits
Through their collaboration with Midbrook Steel Buildings, Wilfreda Beehive successfully achieved their goal of constructing a high-quality bus wash steel building in Doncaster. The project’s key outcomes and benefits include:
- Robust Structure: Midbrook’s steel frame design and construction provided a durable and reliable building, capable of withstanding the demands of a bus wash facility and ensuring long-term operational efficiency.
- Compliance: Midbrook’s meticulous planning and execution ensured compliance with local regulations, including obtaining necessary approvals and conducting a flood risk assessment.
- Timely Delivery: Midbrook’s efficient project management enabled them to deliver the building within the agreed-upon timeline, minimising disruption to Wilfreda Beehive’s operations.
- Quality Workmanship: The skilled steel erection team’s expertise and attention to detail resulted in a well-executed steelwork installation, meeting the client’s expectations and industry standards.
- Enhanced Aesthetics: The addition of single skin cladding not only provided weather protection but also contributed to the visual appeal of the building, aligning with Wilfreda Beehive’s branding and overall aesthetic preferences.
Wilfreda Beehive‘s collaboration with Midbrook Steel Buildings for the construction of their bus wash steel frame building in Doncaster proved to be a successful project. Midbrook’s comprehensive approach, including site survey, planning application, foundation construction and steelwork installation, ensured the timely delivery of a robust and aesthetically pleasing structure. This case study highlights Midbrook Steel Buildings’ commitment to providing efficient and high-quality steel frame buildings for clients in the transport sector and beyond.